Day 1 of “The Organised Housewife’s 20 Day Challenge” and we are Cleaning and Organising The Kitchen. Let me start by saying that our Kitchen was in an average state. It is the hub of our home. Literally. You can see it from the living and dining room, there is no escaping it. So we try to keep it fairly clean and tidy….
Here it is mid breakfast prep. We have a “Galley” style Kitchen. It is fairly small with ok storage space but Oh how we wish we had made it bigger! Hey doesn’t everyone. Notice the hole above the Fridge? Lets just say it pays to measure the height of your new fridge. Oh and the plant. Hubby’s addition to the decor!
What we like about our kitchen.
- It is central in the house so I can see everyone whilst “working” in there.
- Good Size pantry
- Granite Bench tops
- Coffee Cupboard! ( A small cupboard at the end of the bench fro the toaster, kettle, coffee and tea etc)
- Ok number of powerpoints
- Wall oven
- More bench space!
- Closer to the entertaing/outside area of the house
- More of a u shape or non walk through! Baby gates are a nightmare in this kitchen!!!
- More storage space!!!
- Bigger oven and stove top! Ours just came with the house and we wish we had of looked into this further. Our oven is tiny!!!
AFTER – Good bye plant and basket! I have had this little basket for ever! Now the kids drinks and my awesome CONTIGO drink are tidy but visible.
Over the last year we have organised a few other areas of the Kitchen…you can read about them HERE…..