Let me start by saying I don’t LOVE doing Laundry. In fact it is most definitely the one job I procrastinate the most about. But surely if my Laundry was more organised and a little prettier I would be more inclined to actually go in there? Just maybe?
Unfortunatley for most of us, laundries were designed by men who rarely frequent them. They are generally small, lacking natural light and completely unpractical. Our house is no exception. We have one teeny tiny window, no bench, it is a thoroughfare to the only downstairs toilet and smack bang in the middle of the wall is the laundry shoot.
But if I can’t go back to the drawing board (literally) I am determined to make the most of the space. We made a start last year.
1. Sort out the laundry cupboard where the lost and found go to be gathered together. This seems to be a tourist attraction for every toy part, lightbulb, shoe lace, thingamabob in the house. It desperatley needed to be sorted and stored in a better way.
To help keep them sorted I created some self adhesive labels for the containers. I just created a label in a “Word” document and printed them out on A4 Self Adhesive Sheets (Officeworks). Then simply cut them out and attach!
This is the one and only Laundry Cupboard. It has a small shelf up high above the “Broom/Ironing Board/Hanging” area. I used a small shelf (Howards Storage World) so I could place the handled items “on top” of each other but still access them all easily. I have used this system in my pantry and it works brilliantly! I really want to hang that dustpan on the door!!!!
2. The Baskets on the shelves have been working brilliantly but needed labelling to keep it that way! What I love about this system is the placement of baskets. The kids are old enough now to feed the cat and get their own togs and towel and having these baskets down low helps them do just that! I created these labels, again in Microsoft Word, printed them on some card attached them to the baskets with some cute ribbon I have been saving.
3. Beautifying! We had a wall in the laundry that you look startight at as you walk in! I had bought some wall art off etsy a while ago but still hadn’t gotten around to printing, cutting and framing it!
Besides all the reorganising and beautifying you know what else makes working in the laundry a breeze? Great Laundry products!
You know how much I love METHOD, well they have just released an amazing arrange of laundry products. I may have just been inviting all family members to come and smell the washing lately! The Waterlily and Aloe Laundry detergent is not only 8x concentrated but smells divine! Goodbye dryer sheets, I have been using the Dryer Activated Fabric Softener and it is like nothing else I have ever tried. Not only is everything super soft but it smells incredible! I can still smell it on our pillowcases when we go to bed!
Of course I couldn’t rave about this range without you being able to try it for yourself!
So……SIMPLY ENTER OUR METHOD GIVEAWAY via Rafflecopter below!
Tell me what would make doing the laundry easier for you?
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry Only Open to Australian Residents
2. Winner will be notified via email and have five days to claim their prize before a redraw takes place.