One of my favourite things about Christmas, is saying goodbye to the diet and indulging in some home made sweets! This activity has endless opportunites but is basically about baking together! Christmas is a great time to reach out to those around you, so how about packaging some of your baked goodies and spreading some Christmas cheer?
“Looking for something for my tummy
Something crumbly, something yummy
Something with chocolate, something thats sweet
Something so delicious to eat! “
This clue card is the first of the next set. This set will be available to download later in the series.
Anything to do with baking!
There are many easy and creative Christmas recipes out there!
Use the Blank Recipe Card template below to write out your own recipe!
- Now look at the recipe card. For younger students don’t tell them it is a recipe and read out the card.
- Ask them to guess what it is! A letter, a poster, a postcard? A recipe!!!
- Look at the different features of a recipe. Look at the different, genre specific vocabulary (ingredients, method)
- If you want to take a Maths focus, look at quantities, number and sequencing.
- Now lets get cooking! Well creating at least as this recipe requires no cooking!
We will be making..